It was Sunday, and my husband and I really did not want to go out and eat. So Ithought of making something at home.
A few days earlier,I had got this par baked bread from trader joes and some herbed mozzarella cheese. Made some cheesy,crunchy,garlic bread. Made a quick salad and some pasta. Had a nice itallian dinner with some white wine.
here is the recipe for the garlic bread. manged to take a picture too......check out the nice cheesy crust,and the herbs.
crushed garlic- 1/2 cup
chopped coriander leaves- 1 tbsp
salt and pepper- to taste
oregano- 1/4th tsp
herbed mozzarella (can use regular mozzarella too)- a few slices....depending how much cheese you like.
bread (can make it with any bread, thats at home)- 4-5 slices.
- mince the garlic with a kinfe on achopping board, really fine.
- in a bowl add the butter, the minced garlic, chopped corainder,salt and pepper and the oregano.mix all this well.
- spread the mixture over the bread.
- top with slices of mozzarella.
- bake in a hot oven at 450.
- serve hot with soup or pasta or salad