So finally here I am , updating my blog after a long time. obviously its not that I don't cook, but its just that I take a picture, upload it to my computer and tell myself "I have to post this recipe to my blog". So now I have a good number of recipes that I need to update my blog with.
This salad that I made, was a quick fix Sunday lunch. Surprisingly I had just the right ingredients in my fridge and my pantry. Got them all together and dressed it up with a yummy apricot vinaigrette dressing. It was perfect for a sunny Sunday afternoon.
Here goes the recipe
You will need
- Pasta- 1 cup (You can use any. I used the spiral pasta)
- Spring salad mix- 1 packet
- black beans- 1/2 cup (boiled or tinned)
- beet strings- 1/4th cup (I used tinned beets strings)
- cucumber-1/2 (sliced)
- carrot-1 (thinly sliced)
- walnut- 4-5
- sliced almonds- 2 tbsp
- dried cranberries- 2 tbsp
- For the dressing
- Balsamic vinegar- 1/4 th cup
- olive oil- 2-3 tbsp
- apricot jam- 1 tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste.
You have to
- Boil the pasta as per the package instructions.
- In a bowl, empty out the spring salad mix. Add the beet strings, the carrot and the cucumbers. Add the boiled red kidney beans.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing. Whisk it all together. Refrigerate it for twenty minutes or so. This helps the flavours to settle in.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss in the walnuts, almonds and cranberries.
This is more like a meal on its own. With the pasta, the beans the greens and the nuts.Its like having all the nutrition tossed together in one bowl. Enjoy.
Keep a look out for more recipes. Its spring cleaning and I am cleaning my backlogged folders. Yuhooooooo!!!!