So a couple of nights back, I did not feel like cooking any thing major. There was frozen pasta in the fridge which took care of my hubby's dinner. I thought of making some soup for myself. Checked the fridge for whatever was available. Got hold of a few veggies.
Sauteed and pureed the veggies, added some spices and there I had it, Quick vegetable soup. Nothing fancy, just a hearty bowl of soup. Here goes the recipes
You Will need
- Green onions- 1, chopped
- Onions-1/2 chopped
- Green bell peppers- 1/2, chopped
- Cauliflower- 1/2 cut in florets
- Carrot- 1 , chopped
- Frozen corn- 1
- Tomatoes- 1 tin (I used the diced tomato ), You could use regular diced tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce- 2 tbsp
- Tabasco sauce- 1 tsp
- Sea salt- to taste
- Pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Meditarrian seasoning from McCormick- 1 tsp.
- Vegetable stock/chicken stock- 2-3 cups
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
You have to
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onions,saute. Add the tomatoes. Saute
- Add all the vegetables along with the salt. Cover and cook.
- Add the stock and let it simmer till veggies get cook. Cool.
- Puree all the vegetables in a blender.
- Return the puree to the saucepan. Add some more stock.
- Add the pepper along with the tomato sauce and the Tabasco.
- Bring to a boil. Taste for seasoning.
- Garnish with some sour cream/ butter and some green onions.
- Enjoy it.
I realised after tasting it, that it missed a bite. So croutons could taste really good, even boiled pasta would taste really yummy. This can even be used as a base to make some variations of other soups. Some cream too would make it richer.