Every once in a while, my sweet tooth triggers a sudden urge in me, to get up and make something sweet (off course !),well chocolaty to be more precise.
Thanks to that urge...... I came up with this amazing fruit and nut chocolate bar. One can surely not go wrong with chocolate and nuts.....
I started to look at all the stuff in my pantry. Came across a whole lot of dry fruits, and chocolate chips. I could suddenly taste the nuts covered in chocolate simply melting in my mouth......so off I went to get started on my nutty delight.
Once I was done,I came to a sweet realisation. This recipe packs a whole lot of goodness. First it hardly took any time, Then it was low in calorie, coz i had not added any sugar. And then to top it all up, it was packed with antioxidants (because of all the dry fruits I used). A great home made remedy for our sugar and chocolate cravings, which was healthy. So I thought why not share it with all.
here it is. enjoy.
FRUIT AND NUT CHOCOLATE BAR
The proportions mentioned are not exact. You can add whatever you want, and in any proportion. This is very approximate.
dry prunes- roughly chopped- 5-6
dry mangoes-roughly chopped- 5-6
almonds- 1/2 cup
pistachio- 1/4 cup
dry banana chips- 1/2 cup
dried apricots- 6-7
dry cereal (any flavour can be added. i added the rasin and bran cereal)
semi sweet chocolate chip- 2cups
butter- 1 tbsp
- Roughly chop the prunes and the dry mango.
- Add all the other dry fruits along with the cereal in a food processor and simply pulse for a few mins. Do not powder. There should be pieces of the dry fruits. You can even just chop the fruits individually.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- One it has completely melted add the butter. Stir in all the fruits. Mix.
- Line a 13 x 7 baking dish with cling foil.
- Spread the mixture evenly and leave it to set.
- Once cooled down,mark squares with a knife. Refrigerate.
- Store in the refrigerator or outside if its not too hot.
enjoy it any time.