Will update all about the venture every now and then in my posts. As of now its recipe time.
Last week I went to Macy's and got this panini grill (we always wanted one). I think I got a fair deal for sixty bucks. So off course, I had to use this new addition to my kitchen. So panini it was.
first I made one for dinner with whole wheat bread (were not that good) and then made them again with panini rolls. This time it was crispier, cheesier and yummier. Here goes my recipe
You will need
- panini rolls- 2
- mayonnaise-2 tbsp
- lettuce- 1 cup (chopped)
- tomato sauce-2 tbsp
- red and yellow roasted bell peppers - 2-3 *
- cherry tomatoes-3-4
- mozzarella cheese-2 slices
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix the mayo with the lettuce. add the tomato sauce and the salt and pepper.
- roughly chop the bell peppers.
- half the cherry tomatoes
- cut the panini rolls, spread the mayo and lettuce mixture.
- place the chopped bell peppers,the halved tomatoes and the slices of cheese.
- place the other slice of the roll. butter the top
- place on the hot grill / or griddle.
- grill till cheese melts.
- serve hot with soup/ salad or all by itself.
*I used the roasted bell peppers from Trader Joe's. You can use raw bell peppers. Just saute it before putting it in the sandwich.
will be trying out lots of different sandwiches now.
enjoy and happy eating.