I have been seeing the bread at Trader Joes (read my favourite store) for a long time now and wanting to try it out too. So I finally got it and thought of trying out wraps.Why tofu? Well firstly my husband being a vegetarian doesn't get enough proteins and so I figured I need to give him protein at least once a day. Though he does have dals, but we don't have Indian everyday. So I really have to think hard in order for him to get his share of proteins for the day. He likes tofu, but only in Thai food, hence I figured that I need to camouflage it and serve it to him,and eureka!!!!!!, wraps.....What better way to camouflage, than to wrap it.
I don't think I am making any sense, here goes the recipe
You will need
- Lavash bread- 2 sheets, (or you can use tortillas)
For the filling
- 1 boiled potatoes
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- tofu-1 cup (crumbled)
- tomato sauce- 1/2 tsp
- chily sauce- 1/2 ts
- Lemon juice- 1/4th tsp
- salt and pepper - to taste
- sour cream- 1-2 tbsp
- oil- 1 tbsp
You will have to
- Heat oil in a pan.
- saute onions, till transparent. Add the bell peppers. saute
- add the boiled potatoes, along with the tofu.
- Add the salt and pepper, along with the tomato sauce and the chilly sauce.
- Mix everything up , slightly mash the potatoes and mix it with the tofu. Add the lemon juice.
- Heat the lavash lightly,
- Place a spoonfull of the mixture in the center, add a little sour cream and roll the lavash all around.
- Cut through the center.
- Serve as is. Or keep it prepared and warm in the oven, everyone will love it.