Though the chanas I made were pretty straight forward and simple but still here goes the recipes.
You will need:
- 1 cup of Black chana
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ginger and green chillies
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp jeera dhania powder.
- Soak chanas over night. Pressure cook them with salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. add the ginger and the green chillies.
- Add all the spices and put the boiled chanas.
- Saute it all, cover and cook till all the masala has coated the chanas.
- Its all done.
This year I kept the fast and celebrated Ashtami first time after four years of coming here to the US. It really felt good. I realised that all this keeps us involved and sure makes us feel all the more festive.