The other day, I was hungry at lunch time and did not want to have the usual Chapati and vegetable combo. So I started to look through my fridge and see what all I had to make dish out a salad. Well to start off with I did have this bag of salad leaves and some cherry tomatoes. One ingredient after the other.......and my "Mix it all up" salad was born. Voila.
- 1 small bag mixed salad leaves
- 1 Pear
- 4-5 Mozzarella balls (I had the ones you get in trader joes, they are dipped in oil. You could simply use any cheese cut into cubes. )
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 celery-chopped
- 3-4 baby carrots,halved
- 8-9 almonds
- 1 tsp jalapenos-chopped. (This is optional, I just wanted to add some zing...)
- 1/2 cup Taziki sauce (A greek yogurt sauce. You could simply use some thick yogurt)
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- sea salt,to taste
- 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients for the salad dressing and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, add the salad leaves, the mozzerella balls or cheese cubes, the cherry tomatoes, baby carrot, jalepenos, celery and pears
- Pour the dressing on top.
- Mix it all up and add the almonds for the crunch.
- Now all you would need to do is simply....dig in.