I was going through a few of my last posts and noticed that I had not posted any recipe for quite sometime. Off late its been a little weird. I don't know if its the festivities or the hangover of my trip or simply because I have broken my eye glasses!!!!!! (could that be an excuse?)......I haven't been sitting in front of the computer a lot and I guess that's why the slag in blogging. moreover I haven't really cooked in the last week, as all my groceries were nearly over. I finally filled up my fridge today with lots of fruits and veggies. Next week will be much better. And I am getting back on track.
I was going through all the pending drafts that I have to compelet and post. I came across one recipe that was suppose to be posted long time back. Well the "long time back" is happening right now.
These are called "bhath na bhajia" or rice pakodas. pretty popular with Gujarati's, these make an excellent snack on a rainy day with a cup of tea. And its a nice way to put left over rice to good use. so here is the recipe
You will need
- cooked rice-1 cup
- besan or gram flour- 1/2 cup
- curd (thick)- 2 tbsp
- red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
- salt- to taste
- cilantro (chopped)- 1 tbsp
- haldi- a pinch
- oil- to fry
You have to
- in a mixing bowl. mix the rice along with the curd. let it sit for half an hour.
- to this add the besan and mix very well. if the batter is thin, add little more besan.
- add the spices, along with the cilantro.
- heat oil in a pan.
- drop teaspoon full batter into the hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- serve hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.
its that simple.