I actually want to call this semi-home made (the famous food network show). This is again one of the non-veg dishes I made while my brother was visiting me during the thanksgiving weekend. I know its been like nearly three weeks to that, but I have actually not been doing any serious cooking lately, that is why I am posting recipes that I made some time back. Well now that the holiday season is going to begin in full swing and I will be having guests coming over, there will be lots of food and lots of fun. But about that later.
Coming back to my shrimp dish that I dished out it no more than twenty minutes (should I not call it 30 minute meal??? forget it.....). It did not require any preparation as the shrimp as well as the veggies I used were all frozen. So all I actually did, was think what sauces should go into it and with what will it taste the best.
so here goes the recipe.
You will need
- frozen garlic butter shrimp- 1 packet (I picked this up from Ralphs)
- frozen asian stir- fry vegetables- 1 packet (found in the frozen vegetable section of any grocery store)
- onion (slices)-1
- chilly sauce- 1 tbsp
- soy sauce- 1 tbsp
- tomato sauce- 1 tbsp
- salt and pepper - to taste
- sugar- a pinch
You have to
- heat a pan. To this add the frozen shrimp. do not add any oil, as the garlic butter on the shrimp will melt once heated through.
- once the shrimp heats up, (about five minutes),add the sliced onions.cook for a minute.
- add the frozen vegetables.
- add salt, cover and cook for a few minutes.
- now add all the sauces, along with the pepper and the sugar.
- cook on low heat till the shrimp and the vegetables become soft.
- the entire cooking time will take around 15-20 minutes.
- check for seasoning.
- serve hot over steamed rice.
a quick meal with proteins, carbs and lots of veggies, ready in no time.
because this meal was super simple to make, I decided to send this for Recipes for the rest of us event hosted by Ramki of one page cookbooks.