Somehow for a change I had all the ingredients needed for the perfect veg quesadillas . So I decided to make some nice cheesy, spicy quesadillas.I called a friend over and we had them for dinner.
I tried making the first batch on my new panini grill, but all the cheese oozed out. So I made them in the oven.
The guacamole was home made, but all I did was mix two avocados into a guacamole mix we had got from the grocery store. It was a no brainier.
Here is the recipe
You have to
- tortillas- 4
- chopped bell peppers (red, green, yellow and orange)-1 cup
- chopped onions-1 cup
- Mexican cheese or any shredded cheese-1 cup
- chili beans or baked beans-1 can
- cilantro (chopped)- 1/2 cup
- hot sauce- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper - to taste
- olive oil- to brush the tortillas
You have to
- Heat a little oil in a pan. add the chopped onions. saute.
- add the chopped bell peppers. Add salt and pepper. cover and cook till bell peppers cook.around 10 mins.
- In a bowl add the beans. add the grated cheese along with the cilantro and the hot sauce.
- mix everything well.
- heat oven to 350 degrees.
- take a tortilla, spread the bell pepper mixture. spread the bean and cheese mixture.
- top it with the other tortillas. brush the tortilla with olive oil.
- bake in the oven for 5-10minutes till the cheese begins to melt and the tortilla becomes golden brown.
- cool for a few minutes and cut into triangles.
- serve with sour cream, guacamole and some salsa.