We all know how healthy sprouts are, but I always forget to soak them. So now whenever I make any of the lentils, I always soak extra. That takes care of the forgetting part.
- 1 cup Black chana sprouts.*
- 1 cup Green Moong sprouts.*
- 1/2 red sweet onions diced
- 1 tomato diced
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chopped green chillies.
- 1/2 tbsp of butter
- Heat the butter in a saute pan.
- Add the chopped green chillies. Add the onion and saute.
- Once the onions turn transparent, add the diced tomatoes. Saute.
- Add the sprouts along with the spices. mix everything up, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and saute on high for another 2 minutes or till any excess water dries up.
- add the lemon juice.
* To make sprouts: Soak lentils like green moong, black chana, black eyed pea in water overnight. Drain the excess water and tie it up in a cloth or a paper towel. keep the cloth or towel wet and keep sprinkling water on them till you see the small shoots coming out. Store in the fridge.