Desi, for those of you who would not know the meaning, is simply anything Indian. any thing that has that indian feel to it, is typically refered to as "desi" it could be desi people, desi dress, desi style, or simply desi food. Add a few spices and any dish could be made into "desi".
So now "desi" french toast, kinda speaks for itself.
I made this for Saturday brunch. growing up mom always use to make this as an evening snack. after playing with friends coming back hungry to some yummy mommy treats, we use to love the soft eggy bread with tomato ketchup.
A nice change to a traditional egg and toast breakfast. I used whole wheat bread to make these desi french toasts. So I thought that this would be a good entry for the weekend breakfast blogging event, GRAINS IN MY BREAKFAST, hosted by aparna of my diverse kitchen. An event started by Nandita of saffron trail.
here goes the recipe
You will need
- 3-4 slices of bread. sliced diagonally
- 2 eggs beaten well
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste.
You have to
- heat around a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan.
- in a deep mixing bowl. beat the eggs along with the milk.
- add the green chillies along with the seasonings.
- dip the bread in the batter. coat all the sides of the bread with the batter
- shallow fry it in the pan, till it becomes nice and brown.
- serve hot with ketchup, green chutney
- and ya don;t forget a hot cup of tea.
PS: my feed is not getting updated on TASTE OF INDIA. kindly subscribe in as a reader,through email or feeds. thanks