I do not know what happened. I posted this post, and when I went to edit it, there was an error and the post got deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And here I am re-writing the post. God, I think I need to polish my tech skills. (I wonder if it had anything to do with that......). anyways, let me get back to the post.
As I had mentioned that I have developed this thing for roasted/ grilled bell peppers. specially the red and the orange variety. It was my untimely craving of grilled pannin sandwich, that made me recreate them at home. Though we dont have a grill, I roasted some bell pepper on high heat, in a pan and then added it the regular tosted cheese sandwich. It came out delish.
So I promised myself to make it next time and take a few pictures. Made it a couple of days back again and this time took some yummy pictures. here goes the recipe
You will need
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers (red, green, orange, yellow, cut into thin strips)
- 1-2 slice of pepper jack cheese
- 1 spring onion (cut into long pieces)
- 1 tomato cut into thin rounds
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste.
- heat around 1/4tsp of the butter in a pan.
- roast the bell peppers and the green onions.
- they should not be overcooked. check for charred marks on the bell pepper.
- butter the slices of bread on all the sides.
- place the cheese slices on one of the bread.
- top it with the roasted bell peppers and the green onions.
- place the tomato slices on top. cover with the other slice.
- place the sandwich on the pan and press. toast the sandwich on both sides till the cheese melts.