the thanksgiving weekend was spent with my brother who came down from LA for the long weekend. Missed my husband who is on a fortnight trip to India. (He is returning on Tuesday)
I made chicken curry with rice and it brought back all those memories of our lazy sunday afternoons. Though I prepared the chicken curry just the same way as mom would do, but still it was not the same. none the less, here is the recipe
You will need
onion paste- 1 cup
tomato puree- 1/2 cup
ginger garlic and green chilly paste-1 tbsp
red chilly powder- 1 tsp
turmeric powder- 1 tsp
tandoori masala powder- 2 tsp
salt - to taste
oil- 1 tbsp
cilantro- for garnishing
You have to
- wash the chicken well
- heat oil in a pan. add the ginger garlic and green chilly paste.saute
- add the onion paste. saute till the onion turns brown.
- add the red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. add around 1/2 cup of water and cook the masala well.
- once the oil begins to seperate add the chicken. cook on low flame.
- keep cooking on low till the chicken begins to get tender. add some water.
- add the tomato puree, mix, cover and cook.
- cook till the chicken becomes soft and the gravy thickens.
- add the tandoori masala, garnish with cilantro.
- serve with plain rice and or chapatis.
will be posting another chicken recipe soon.
till then eat well