I have to admit that though I made it both for my hubby and myself, but I ended up having it all and keeping some for the next day too. Reason: My husband doesn't like soups and that to with veggies!!!!!!lots of them. and I love them. I made this soup using maggi noodles and some tom yum soup paste I had picked up from the Vietnamese market.
A soup filled with lots of flavour and nutrition too.
here is how I made it.
You will need
- maggi- 1/2 packet, or any other noodles.
- kafir leaves-2
- tomato (cut in chunks)-1
- tom yum soup paste-1 tbsp (available in any thai, chinese or vietnamese store)
- boiled corn-1/2 cup
- tinned black bean-1/2 cup
- onions (sliced)-1
- green bell peppers (cut into pieces)-1/2
- tomato sauce-1 tbsp
- salt - to taste
- vegetable stock- 2-3 cups
- heat oil in a saucepan.
- add the sliced onions and saute. Add the kafir leaves (lime leaves). saute.
- add the chopped bell peppers and saute for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes. cook everything for a few minutes.
- Add the boiled corn, the black beans along with the tom yum paste and salt. Mix everything well.
- add the maggi noodles along with the vegetable stock. cook till the noodles soften up. add the tomato sauce and check for seasoning.
- serve hot garnished with cilantro leaves.
enjoy this hearty bowl of soup any time of the day, evening or night.