I am actually thinking out of the box these days just because I want to send in entries to all the wonderful, innovative events happening around "blogdom", (wowow, I just coined a new word.....)
well making a crumble recipe is not so much thinking out of the box kind of a thing, but then using stuff lying around in the fridge and creating dishes exclusively for events, is sure worth some kudos......just kidding guys, I am just trying to give a decent intro to the stuff I made
I only had a few strawberries and raspberries and a few plums. So I got all the red fruits that I had, and decided to make a crumble. This recipe is going for two events that celebrate colours in food, the first one is to sunshinemom of tongue ticklers for the COLOUR IN FOOD EVENT- RED.
here goes the recipe
You will need
- 2 cups mixed berries (I used raspberries and strawberries)
- 3 plums
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam, or any other jam (preferably a berry variety)1/2 tsp cinnamon powder.
- in an oven proof dish, chop all the fruits.
- add cornstarch, jam and cinnamon powder to fruits.
- mix well and keep aside
- heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- in a separate bowl, combine together the flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon powder, almonds and the butter.
- mix well, till everything is incorporated.
- spread it over the fruit mixture.
- bake in the preheated oven for 35 mins or till the fruit is bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- serve warm. with whipped cream or ice cream (I had none!!!!!)