Its already Monday, I am already a week behind for posting my menu for last week. So i decided instead of posting the entire menu for last week, I would rather just post some of the recipes that I had made.
this one is going for Srivalli's curry mela.
here goes the recipe
You will need
- chickpeas (boiled, or tinned)- 1 cup
- onions (finely chopped)-1
- tomatoes (chopped)- 1
- chilly ginger paste- 1 tbsp
- bay leaves (tej patta)- 1-2
- cumin seeds (jeera)- 1/2 tsp
- kasoori meethi- 1 cup
- red chilly powder- 1 tsp
- turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- garam masala-1 tsp
- chana masala- 2 tsp
- dried mango powder (amchoor powder)- 1/2 tsp
- salt- to taste
- oil- 1 tbsp
You have to
- heat oil in a pan.
- soak the kasoori meethi in water.
- add the cumin seeds, along with the bay leaves.
- as the seeds begin to brown, add the ginger chilly paste
- saute, and add the onions. cook till the onions brown.
- add the chopped tomatoes. cook till the tomatoes become pulpy.
- add the salt, red chilly powder, armchoor powder and turmeric powder.
- saute this mixture till the oil begins to separate.
- mash a couple of tablespoons of the boiled chickpeas.
- add the boiled chickpeas (or the tinned garbanzo beans), along with the mashed chickpeas.
- add around two cups of water, cover and cook.
- cook for 10-15 mins, or till the gravy begins to thicken.
- add the garam masala and the chana masala.
- drain the kasoori meethi and add it to the chana.
- mix everything well and check for seasoning.
- serve garnished with corainder with paranthas or naans.