Its been a while now since I tried this recipe out. Its a recipe I got from my friend. She uses penne pasta to make it, but I used the tube pasta, as I had it at home.
It came out to be really good. Well actually if my husband passes any dish of mine.....means its good. Gave some to another friend of ours, and they had it for dinner. It passed their taste test too.
So it stood the test of Q.E.T.....quick, easy and tasty. yuhooooooo.........
try it out .
though i must admit that i could not take a better pic, but nevertheless.
macaroni pasta- 2 cups
onions- 1 small, chopped
tomato- 2, chopped
bell peppers- 1, chopped
baked beans- 1 small tin (use HEINZ baked beans, it gives this macaroni its distinct taste)
tomato puree- 1/2 cup (optional)
tomato ketchup- 1/4Th cup
mayo- 1 cup
milk- 1 tbsp
grated mozzarella cheese- 1 cup
chilly flakes- to taste
oregano- to taste
garlic- 1/2 tsp
salt and pepper- to taste
olive oil- 1 tsp
- Boil the macaroni as per the instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Saute garlic.
- Add chopped onions and saute.
- To this add chopped bell peppers and the chopped tomatoes.
- Saute till soft.
- Add the tomato puree and the baked beans. Mix everything well.
- Add the salt, pepper, oregano and chilly flakes.
- Add tomato ketchup. Cook for a few mins.
- Add the milk slowly, mixing well.
- Add the boiled macaroni and the mayo. Mix everything up.
- Turn off the heat. Add half of the grated cheese. Check for seasoning.
- Empty it out in an oven safe dish. Sprinkle rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees, till the chesse melts.
- Let stand for a few minutes.
enjoy it with a salad, garlic bread, or all by itself.