This recipe should have been up on my blog somtime last week, as it is from my last weeks monday menu. We left for vegas on friday, so I guess I got into the grove a couple of days in advance. Nevertheless, before I divert myslef from the topic here it is.
"PAUSHTIK" simply means healthy. " Missi roti" is like tortillas, only that it is made with a different kind of flour, the gram flour or (besan).
You will need:
- gram flour or besan- 1/2 cup
- wheat flour- 1 cup
- alfalfa sprouts - 1/2 cup (any sprouts can be used)
- green chillies - 1-2 (finely chopped)
- cilantro leaves- 1 tsp (chopped)
- salt- to taste
- onions-1/2 (chopped)
- red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
- ajwain (parsley) seeds- 1/4th tsp
- ghee or butter
You have to :
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients excpet the water and the ghee.
- Knead the dough, adding water little by little.
- The dough will be a little sticky, at this point you might want add very little oil to get the dough all together.
- Heat a tawa or a griddle, roll out small chapatis, and cook on the tawa.
- Add little ghee or butter on the top and flip it over. cook till nice and crisp.
- Serve with pickles, raita, or dal.