Wednesday, May 21, 2008

TANDOORI SHIMLA MIRCHI MASALA

With so many blogging events going on, one tends to get creative,and think of interesting entries. I must say the blog events being posted, surely gets us experimenting with our culinary creativity.....with our kitchens turning into labs, and our family members, guinea pigs..........its fun over all. Though I have been on the blogging scene since a year now, but I got regular pretty recently, so I catch up with the events, from my other blogger friends.
Recently I came across the Vow-JFI bell peppers event, hosted by JFI and VoW. Bell peppers are pretty versatile, I think they can be used in any kind of cuisine. Be it Indian, Chinese, Italian, continental, it fits in pretty well. As soon as I read about the event, I quickly ran to my fridge, and saw I had a few bell peppers. I simply got cooking.

Thanks pooja for the event.






Here is the recipe.

You will need

  • bell peppers- 3-4 (you can use different colours)
  • onions- 1 (cut in chunks)
  • tomato- 1 (cut in chunks)
  • oil- 1 tbsp
  • salt- to taste
for the dry masala
  • red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
  • garam masala- 1 tsp
  • tandoori masala- 1 tsp
  • kasoori meethi- 1/2 tsp
  • amchoor powder- 1/2 tsp
grind to a paste
  • coconut- 1/2 cup
  • cilantro (you can use cilantro chutney too)- 1 tbsp
  • green chillies- 1-2
  • ginger- 1/2
  • garlic 1-2 pods
  • onion- 1/2
  • oil- 1 tbsp
  • salt- to taste
You have to:
  1. Heat oven to 350 degree franhite.In an oven proof bowl, toss the cut bells peppers, onions, and tomatoes, with the dry masala.
  2. drizzle about a tablespoon of oil and some salt.



3. roast the vegetables for atleast half an hour to 45 mins.




4. heat oil in a pan. add the ground masala to the oil. and saute.

5. now add the roasted vegetables, and mix everythign up.

6. add little water and cook, till the masala thickens and comes together.

7. serve hot with paranthas.


note: one can add paneer to this, and even small baby potatoes. this can work as a filling for khatti roles.

enjoy

10 comments:

notyet100 said...

NICE ENTRY,..LOOKS YUMMY TOO,..

DK said...

Thats a tasty entry!

Uma said...

Lovely recipe, Karuna! Looks so delicious.

Pooja said...

Thank you Karuna for this nice entry . I am glad that you are a part of VoW-JFI.

Anonymous said...

Nice recipe there, Karuna! And btw, I love the picture on your blog banner!

ranji said...

lovely post!!!looks delcious!!

Sangeeth said...

lovely entry....looks delicious

Unknown said...

nice spicy veggies dish

Kumudha said...

Thanks for the recipe! It looks delicious.

Siri said...

Dear Karuna, Thanks for dropping by blog. Recipe Marathon started on 17th of May where one needs to blog about a recipe everyday. I am afraid that I can't include u rite now, but will definitely let u know when the next edition happens.. till then Happy Food Blogging dear..:)

Siri