Friday, May 23, 2008

VEGGIE GARDEN BURGER

This is somthing I make all the time. Since my husband is a vegetarain, our freezer always has THE BOCA GARDEN BURGER PATTY. These are meatless patties made out of soy. Spice it up a bit, add a little Indian twist to it, and voila!!!!!!, a good, wholesome burger to enjoy.

I even pack it for lunch somtimes. The other day when I was making it, suddenly, The sandwich festival of 2008, hosted by anupama of Food-n-More came to my mind. I got my camera, and clicked a few pictures, and here I am sharing the recipe with you'll, and posting it as an entry to the event.



This burger could actually fit a vegan diet too, cause instead of real cheese, I used cheese alternatives, which I got from HENRY'S, a fresh produce store. I used the pepper jack flavoured ones.

You will need:

  • burger buns- 4 slices halved
  • garden boca patty- 2
  • lettuce- 2 leaves
  • red onions- 1/2
  • tomato- 2
  • jalepenos- 2-3
  • cheese alternatives or regular cheese slices- 2
  • maggi hot and sweet tomato ketchup- 2 tbsp
  • butter- 1 tbsp

You have to:
  1. slice the tomatoes into rounds
  2. slice onions. wash and dry the lettuce leaves.
  3. heat butter in a pan.
  4. saute the onions, till caremalized. add little bit of the tomato sauce.
  5. in the same pan, heat the boca patty throughly.(these are frozen, so microwave it for a few seconds.
  6. slightly toast the buns, with a little more butter, in the same pan.
  7. take a plate. place the burger buns.
  8. place the lettuce.
  9. spread a little of the tomato sauce.
  10. place the patty on top.
  11. top it with the onions, and the round tomato slices and some chopped jalepenos.
  12. place the cheese slice. sprinkle some salt and pepper. close with the other bun.
  13. enjoy......

note: this burger can have loads of variations. I somtimes put some coleslaw salad too. To give it a more indian taste, one can add green chutney. I used sesame buns here, coz that is what I had on hand, but any buns would be fine.

happy eating.

8 comments:

Cham said...

Looks like a fast food burger ! Love the pile!

Uma said...

Lovely burger, Sangeeth! looks delish.

Uma said...

Sorry Karuna, I said Sangeeth by mistake.

Hetal said...

Delicious burger....

Unknown said...

love the veggie pattie

notyet100 said...

yummy and nice filling,...

ranji said...

delcious burger!!!even we buy such patties sometimes and keep..they come in handy at times for lunch for my hubby:)..

Swati Raman Garg said...

wowy... i want a mc veggie now :( urs looks perfect...sangeeth..