Since nearly four days now, I have been making "light dinners". last night I thought of making minestrone soup.
I made Sia's version of the soup with just a few changes. you can get her recipe at http://www.monsoonspice.com/2008/04/spring-cleaning-minestrone-soup.html.
we loved it
This is my entry to the Your Recipe Rocks (YRR),event, hosted by Madhuram of eggless cooking.
here is the recipe
You will need
- small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 large Carrot, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped into bite sized cubes
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped into bite sized cubes
- 1 cup Spinach, fresh/frozen
- 1 cup Pasta (I used frozen, stuffed tortellini pasta, boiled according to package instructions)
- 1cup baked beans
- ½ cup Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp basil and oregano
- 5-6 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- heat oil in a pan. saute onions and garlic.
- add all the chilly flakes, oregano and basil.
- add the chopped tomatoes, and saute till pulpy.
- add the tomato puree.
- add the chopped carrot, bell peppers, and spinach. saute
- add the vegetable stock or water, along with the boiled pasta.
- add salt and pepper.bring to a full boil. check for seasoning.
- serve hot.