Mangoes are called the king of all fruits. Back in India, this time of the year people get into "mango mania".
With tons of variety mango becomes staple in every household.
Since I have been here, I always miss the sweet mangoes that I had in India. After there was news that they are going to export mangoes from India to here, we were elated. But still haven't seen anything remarkable in San Diego. So we have to do with what is available in the local markets hoping they satisfy our taste buds.
This recipe was actually a result of the mangoes failing to satisfy our taste buds. My husband refused to have them and there was no way I would let them go. So I checked in the freezer section and found vanilla ice cream. that was it. a desert ready in no time.
With so many fruit based events going around, I was relived that I managed to come up with something right on time. I am sending this to Mythreyee of Pajaaka creations for her Sweet series, cool desserts event.
You will need
- mango pulp- 2 cups
- vanilla ice cream- 2 cups, 2 tbsp for the topping
- milk- around 1/2 cup- 1 cup
- sugar- to taste
- blanched almonds- 1/2 cup
You have to
- in a blender, blend together the mango pulp, sugar vanilla ice cream along with the milk.
- check for the sweetnees.
- pour out into glasses. add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. sprinkle some sliced almonds.
- chill in refrigerator.
- and done. your mango dessert is all set.
- isn't that super cool????