I made these a couple of weeks back but just did not get a chance to put them up. I love having biscuits or cookies, in the morning with my cup of tea. The entire feel, of the biscuit melting in your mouth......ummmmmm!!!!! just love it. specially a few of the vairties that you get in india, like bourbone, good day, and jim jam........I know i might be sounding silly, but thats the way it is. after coming here to the US, the variety of cookies that one gets to see at the groccerystore isles, are not even funny. my favourites would be the pepperidge farm cookies. they are sinfull. I dont even get them anymore, coz I know I will be the only one, gorging away on them.
So, this crazy cookie mania, often drives me to try to make a few at home, atleast they are homemade, and you can control what goes in them (to some extent). And now that I have a blog to all my cooking adventures, I can put them all up.
I followed a book called " old-fashioned cookie", for the recipe. Here it is
- 1 cup butter softened (I used smart balance butter).
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- additional powdered sugar.
You have to
- preheat oven to 350 degree. cream butter until light and fluffy.gradually add sugar and beat, after each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- add flour little by little, beating well. chill the dough for an hour.
- sprinkle surface with equal parts of flour and sugar, and turn a little dough out.
- pat into 1/4th inch thickness. cut with cookie cutter.
- place on ungreased cookie sheet. make design with fork.
- bake for 15-20 mins, or until golden brown. when slightly cool, sprinkle some powdered sugar.
comes out really good.