Its actually been a while since i last posted a recipe.........I can not think of any intros......I have typed and deleted atleast five times............finally I give up.
made this dish for an indian chinese dinner that I made on friday.
As I was making this dish,I remembered the A.W.E.D with theme chinese, hosted by Culinary Bazaar. It fit perfectly. I am sending it in.
I made this using a stir fry sauce that I had bought from Trader Joe's (a speciality store). it did the trick. I was amazed how good it tasted. Served it along with vegetable manchurian, fried rice and hakka noodles.
here is the recipe
You will need
- potatoes- 4
- onions (sliced)- 1
- bell peppers (sliced)- 1/2
- garlic (finally chopped)- 1 tsp
- sesame seeds- 1 tsp
- whole red chilly- 2-3
- stir fry sauce- 1 tbsp
- chilly sauce- 1 tsp
- soy sauce- 1/2 tsp
- tomato sauce- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper - to taste
- ajinomoto- a pinch (this is optional)
You have to
- cut potatoes into long slices and fry them. drain excess oil.
- to make the potatoes crisper, after frying I baked them in the oven for 10- 15 mins.
- heat oil in a pan. add the sesame seeds, whole red chilly and garlic. saute.
- add onions and fry them till soft. add the bell peppers. cook.
- add soy sauce, chilly sauce and tomato sauce. along with salt, pepper, sugar and ajinomoto.
- add the potatoes. mix everything.
- add the stir fry sauce and cook.
- add very littler water, to get all the sauces together and coat the potatoes.
- dish out and garnish with spring onions.