This is the second day of the second week of the Recipe marathon. I really had no idea that it would be so much of an adrenalin rush even though we are not actually running on real tracks. The amazing recipes, the number of blogger friends and offcourse the enthusiasm with which each one is taking part is simply great. And with Dk doing such a nice write up about all the fellow runners, who would not enjoy being a part of something so much fun.
So here it is my RECIPE MARATHON RECIPE DAY 18.
Nothing jazzy, nothing uncommon, just plain simple aloo paranthas. sometimes its the simple things in life that make all the difference.
here is the recipe
for the filling
- boiled potatoes-2
- chopped ginger-1 tsp
- green chillies (chopped)- 1 tsp
- chopped coriander-1 tbsp
- red chilly powder-1 tsp
- dry parsley (ajwain)- 1/2 tsp
- salt - to taste
- ghee (this gives it that mouthwatering taste)- to smear the paranthas
for the dough
- whole wheat flour-2 cups
- water-1 cup (apporx)
- knead the dough by adding little water at a time to the flour. cover and keep in the fridge till ready to use.
- in a bowl add the boiled potatoes add all the spices along with the ginger, coriander and the green chillies.
- mash it all up and mix. check for salt.
- heat a griddle (tawa).
- take a little bit of the kneaded dough, roll out to small round disc. approx 2 inches or so.
- fill it up with around a tablespoon of the potato mixture.
- seal the top with little more dough if needed.
- now roll it to the size of a chapati. do not put to much pressure as the mixture tends to come out.
- place it on the hot tawa. smer with ghee and flip over.
- cook both sides with little ghee till nice and brown.
- serve hot with raita and achaar.
these can be made and frozen too. they taste just the same once heated up
check out what is sizzling on all the other platters
1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii 12)Anu 13)Kamala 14)Roopa 15)Divya Kudua 16)Rekha 17)Divya M 18)Lakshmi 19)Raaga 20)Lakshmi Venkatesh 21)Sripriya 22)Viji 23)Pavani 24)Kamalika25)Roochi