Saturday, November 8, 2008

GREEN ONIONS AND CHEESE RAVE DOSA.

This was the lunch special. I learnt this from my mother in law. my husband loves rava dosa so off course, as any wife would do, learn all that her husbands mom's special recipes.

Its actually easier than making the regular rice and dal dosa variety. Rava also known as sooji or semolina makes the dosa more crispier. Though we don't tend to get the size that you usually get in the restaurants but it sure tastes good.

had it with coconut chutney. I avoid making sambhar cause my husband does not like it much and just making it for myself.......nope.

You will need

White udad dal- 1/2 cup
sooji (semolina)- 1 cup
curd- 1/2 cup
chopped green onions-1/2 cup
chopped green chillies- 2-3
shredded cheese- 1 cup (you can use any variety. mozzarella works best. but I used the Mexican blend as that is what I had. amul cheese would taste good too)
water- 1/2 cup
salt - to taste
oil
butter


You have to

1. soak the udad dal overnight.
grind to a fine paste.
2. mix in the sooji along with the water and the curd.
3 add salt and let it stand for 3-4 hours.
4.heat a flat griddle.
5.wipe it with water.
6.put a little batter on the griddle and spread it thin.
7.sprinkle little oil on top.
8.top with a little green onions, green chillies and cheese.
9.let it cook for 5 minutes or so.
10.the sides will start to leave the griddle.
11.and a blob of butter.
12.fold and serve hot with chutney and sambhar.

the melting cheese

folded over.

I did not make the chutney at home. I got it ready made from Indian store. But there is a very nice coconut recipe posted by dk of culinary bazaar. I have not tried it out yet. but it looks really good.

so that was lunch.
happy eating guys,

DAY 8, we are not even half way through the tracks......check out all the others.....
1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii 12)Anu 13)Kamala 14)Roopa 15)Divya Kudua 16)Rekha 17)Divya M 18)Lakshmi 19)Raaga 20)Lakshmi Venkatesh 21)Sripriya 22)Viji 23)Pavani

7 comments:

Pavani said...

it looks crispy n yummy....

Cham said...

Wow very crispy ur filling is good too!

Vibaas said...

Looks so crispy. My kids love rava dosa and they love cheese. I will add cheese filling next time. Thanks for the nice idea.

karuna said...

thanks a lot people. ya after this one i have stopped making the rice one. this is really crispy

anudivya said...

Oh boy! The melted cheese look so tempting... nice.

Sunshinemom said...

I have this passion for rava dosa!! Making me drool:)

Sia said...

now that is a fun way of eating dosa :) indian version of pizza?