This is a very famous north indian dish. extremely popular in restaurants. Lots of people generally don't like spinach by itself but the addition of paneer makes it really tasty.
Add some cream to the gravy and you got yourself a rich north indian delicacy.
let me not waste much time talking about the goodness of the dish, lets get down to its recipe
RECIPE MARATHON DAY 17
You will need
- spinach (palak)- 1 packet (frozen), or 2-3 bunches fresh
- paneer- (cut into cubes) - 1 cup
- onion- 1
- garlic-2-3 pods
- green chillies-2-3
- butter/ghee- 2 tbsp
- cream-1/2 cup
- red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
- cumin and coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- salt- to taste
- thaw the frozen spinach. If using fresh, wash and boil it. do not throw away the water. puree the spinach in a blender. keep aside.
- puree the onions, grind ginger garlic and green chillies together.
- heat the butter or ghee in a pan. add the onions. saute the onion puree till nice and brown. remember to do this well or else the gravy will taste a little bitter.
- add the ginger garlic paste. saute. add the pureed spinach along with any water that is there.
- add all the spices except garam masala. mix. let it simmer for sometime on low heat.
- now add the creme and some water and the paneer cubes. mix everything well. cover and let it simmer for another 15- 20 mins.
- You will see the palak changing its colour and the cream thickening the gravy. taste to check the seasoning.
- turn off heat. sprinkle some garam masala. mix
you can make the spinach gravy as thick or thin you want.
lots of people like to add curd to the gravy too. that is optional.
Check out whats simmering in all the other pots
1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii 12)Anu 13)Kamala 14)Roopa 15)Divya Kudua 16)Rekha 17)Divya M 18)Lakshmi 19)Raaga 20)Lakshmi Venkatesh 21)Sripriya 22)Viji 23)Pavani 24)Kamalika25)Roochi