I must admit I did take a little bit of a short cut here, but it paid off and tasted good too. actually as I was making the soup, I realised I had run out of cornstarch. But then I found a packet of Knorr sweet corn soup. So here is what I did.
You will need
- knorr corn soup- 2 tbsp or regular corn starch.
- milk- 1 cup
- vegetable of chicken broth- 1 cup
- carrots (diced)- 1
- green onions (diced)- 1-2
- tinned sweet corn- 1 cup with the liquid.
- butter- 1 tbsp
- sugar- 1/4th tsp
- salt and pepper- to taste.
- heat a sauce pan. melt the butter
- add the carrots and saute till soft. add the green onions and the entire corn with the liquid.
- add salt and pepper to taste and the sugar.
- add the milk.
- dissolve the corn starch or the soup mix (knorr) in the broth.
- pour it in the saucepan.
- cook till it comes to a boil and begins to thicken a bit.
- serve it hot. You can add some chilly sauce if you like it spicy.
This is for the RECIPE MARATHON DAY 9. Check out all the other members and what they are dishing out.