Tuesday, November 4, 2008

BREAD CRUMBS

I am actually thinking, is this a recipe that I really need to post. I mean how obvious it is, to make bread crumbs. But I actually made these because there was a loaf of baguette french bread lying on my kitchen counter for a week now. It had gone hard, but was not stale. And I just did not want to let it go.
I remember back in my nutrition classes in college, our kitchen lab attendant use to make bread crumbs out of left over bread. She use to slightly toast them in the oven and then pulse it in the mixer/food processor. She would have been proud of me. I actually put her idea to good use.

So here is the recipe.

You will need

bread (any type)

You have to
  1. toast the bread in the oven for 10- 15 minutes. they should not brown completely. Just get toasted.
  2. pulse it in the food processor or mixer.
  3. store in an airtight container in the fridge.
    note: this can be done with bread sides that are usually left after making sandwiches.baguette bread works just fine. You would not even need to toast it.You can added some grated Parmesan to this and some garlic salt to make an Italian version of the breadcrumb.

enjoy.

This is DAY 4 of the recipe marathon.

Check out what the other are putting out on the track......
1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii 12)Anu 13)Kamala 14)Roopa 15)Divya Kudua 16)Rekha 17)Divya M 18)Lakshmi 19)Raaga 20)Lakshmi Venkatesh 21)Sripriya 22)Viji 23)Pavani

1 comment:

Oliver Richmond said...

I always loves cooking and I am a writer focused on career and physical development to spread more issues and tips to develop and works through Professional resume writing service. I keep thinking to myself, What a Blessing to be able to use what God has givin us and make something new! I already make my own bread and now I can take 1 more thing off the grocery list, Breadcrumbs!!THIS RECIPE IS GREAT & VERY EASY!! I baked mine until they felt crisp and then let them cool, about 5 min, then put them in the Blender and WA-LA we had Fresh Breadcrumbs!! I didn't have to worry about what exactly was in them or what that company did to "make them better" because I was even the one who made the bread. Praise God from Whom ALL Blessings Flow. God Bless the rest of your day!