I know this is like ten days late,but I am finally a part of it. Seeing all the delicious recipes being posted everyday by 23 of my fellow bloggers, I got pretty excited to be a part of it too. And more over I needed a push to get up and get going with my blogging.(I have been lagging behind.....) Thanks a ton to Dk of culinary bazaar, who allowed me to be a part of it, only under one condition and that was I had to update my blog from the 1st of November and off course post every day. No better time to post the recipes that have been sitting in my draft for sometime now. So I got on my marks, got ready and took the huge stride. Right now I am last in the tracks but it sure is fun to be a part of something so exciting.
Below are all the recipes that I had posted for the RM, starting NOV 1st. Would really appreciate if you'll could visit the recipe links.
RM DAY 1: INDIAN TEA
RM DAY 2: ALMOND CLUSTERS
RM DAY 3: BEANS AND COCONUT MASALA
RM DAY 4: EASY BREAD CRUMBS
RM DAY 5: EGG PANEER KATHI ROLL
RM DAY 6: CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES
RM DAY 7: NUTELLA COOKIES
RM DAY 8: GREEN ONIONS AND CHEESE RAVA DOSA
RM DAY 9: VEGETABLE SWEET CORN SOUP.
Hope you'll enjoy surfing through the dishes.
Starting today, I thought of posting Menus that I prepare for my tiffins, (that I had started doing sometime back) and then posting the respective recipes for the dishes in the menu. That way it would a little more organised.
Here is the menu for the week and the recipe for the first menu.
MON: ragda patties
TUE: navratan korma
WED: rajhma masala
THURS: aloo dum masala
FRI: mutter baigan bharta
SAT: gobi parantha with pineapple raita
SUN: to be decided!!!!
RM DAY 10- RAGDA PATTIES
You will need
For the ragda
- yellow peas: 1/2 cup
- chopped ginger-1/4th cup
- green chillies- 1 tbsp
- cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder-1/ tsp
- chat masala-1/2 tsp
- garam masala-1 tsp
- oil-1 tbsp
- salt to taste
For the patties
- potato (boiled)-2-3
- salt-to taste
- red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
- bread crumbs- 1/2 - 1 cup
- oil- for shallow frying
for the garnish
- green chutney
- tamarind chutney
- lemon juice
You have to
for the ragda
- Pressure cook the yellow peas with salt and turmeric powder. it will take around 4-5 whistles.
keep a check as the peas need to be soft and hold their shape. it should not be mushy and over cooked.
- heat oil in a pan. add the cumin seeds
- once they splutter add the chopped ginger and green chillies
- saute. add the red chilly powder and the garam masala.
- add the boiled yellow peas and mix everything up.
- add some water. adjust the salt, cover and cook.
- uncover and simmer for 5 mins till it begins to thicken.
- turn off the heat.
for the patties
- mash the boiled potatoes.
- add salt and the red chilly powder.
- shape into round patties or tikkis. coat with bread crumb.
- shallow fry till nice and brown on both sides.
- place the patties on the side.
- add the ragda on the side.
- garnish the ragda with both the chutneys and pour some lemon juice.
- garnish with sev.
- you can add chopped onions and tomatoes too on the top.
- another way to serve it, is by pouring the yellow peas curry (the ragda) on top of the tikki and garnish it.
A nice and spicy dish to open up all our senses.....
more to come.
Check out all the other RM'S
1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii 12)Anu 13)Kamala 14)Roopa 15)Divya Kudua 16)Rekha 17)Divya M 18)Lakshmi 19)Raaga 20)Lakshmi Venkatesh 21)Sripriya 22)Viji 23)Pavani