So here is my recipe for RM DAY 12
You will need
- red kidney beans (soaked overnight)- 1 cup
- tomato -2
- green chillies-2-3
- tomato puree-1/2 cup
- red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
- cumin powder-1/4th tsp
- coriander powder- 1/4th tsp
- garam masala powder-1 tsp
- oil -2 tbsp
- salt to taste
You have to
- pressure cook the red kidney beans till soft.You can even use the tinned red kidney beans available in grocery stores here in the US.
- puree the onion keep aside.
- puree the tomato along with ginger, garlic, and green chillies.
- heat oil in a pan. add the pureed onions.
- saute till nice and brown. now add the tomato ginger paste.
- add all the spices except the garam masala. add the tomato puree.saute till the oil begins to separate.
- Now take around half a cup or so, of the boiled kidney beans and add to the masala. mash it well along with the masala (This is a great way to get a nice thick gravy.)
- add all this to the rest of the kidney beans in the pressure cooker, along with the garam masala and pressure cook for two -three whistles more.
- serve hot with garnished onion rings with naan, parantha or chapati.
note: if using tinned kidney beans, obviously there would be no pressure cooking. You can add the tin of the beans along with its liquid to the masala and cover and cook till the gravy begins to thick .
sometimes I add a little cream to this too. it adds to the texture.
here are all the other fellow runners
1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii 12)Anu 13)Kamala 14)Roopa 15)Divya Kudua 16)Rekha 17)Divya M 18)Lakshmi 19)Raaga 20)Lakshmi Venkatesh 21)Sripriya 22)Viji 23)Pavani 24)Roochi 25) Kamalika