I find potatoes as the most versatile of all the veggies. Cook it any way and it tastes good. And there are unlimited recipe combinations that one can get using potatoes. This time I made a dry version of aloo dum.
Here is the recipe for RECIPE MARATHON DAY 13You will need
- small baby potatoes- 6-7
- cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
- chat masala-1/4th tsp
- garam masala- 1 tsp
- kasoori meethi (fenugreek leaves)-1/2cup
- curd-1/2 cup
- tandoori masala-1/2-1 tsp
- salt to taste
- oil- 2 tbsp
- semi bowl the potatoes. You can microwave it for 5-7 minutes. they should not be over boiled, as they will cook over the gas too.
- In a bowl take curd, add one tbsp of the oil and all the spices except the cumin seeds, garam masala and kasoori meethi.
- add the boiled potatoes to the curd and spices mix.
- let it marinade for around half an hour.
- heat the rest of the oil in a pan.
- add the cumin seeds. once they splutter add the entire mix of curd, spices and the potatoes.
- add the kasoori meethi, cover and cook on low.
- let it simmer till the masala begins to dry, you might have to add little water to get the masala to coat the potatoes.
- check if the potatoes are properly cooked. sprinkle the garam masala powder.
- let it cook uncovered till the gravy dries up.
- serve hot with toothpicks as a snack or as a side dish with a curry along with chapati, naan or any other flat breads.
check the other marathon runners
1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii 12)Anu 13)Kamala 14)Roopa 15)Divya Kudua 16)Rekha 17)Divya M 18)Lakshmi 19)Raaga 20)Lakshmi Venkatesh 21)Sripriya 22)Viji 23)Pavani 24)Roochi 25)Kamalika