I added some peas to this as that adds a little bit of sweetness to the dish. With lots of onion and tomatoes, this tastes really good with plain paranthas.
So here is my recipe for RECIPE MARATHON DAY 14TH
You will need
- peas- 1 cup
- tomato (sliced)-3-4
- onion (sliced)-1 big
- ginger and garlic paste- 1 tsp
- green chillies- 2-3
- oil- 2 tbsp
- red chilly powder- 1 tsp
- cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- amchoor (dry mango) powder- 1/2 tsp
- salt - to taste
- roast the eggplant on top of the stove (if you have a gas stove), or half it, sprinkle some oil and salt, place it in a baking dish, and roast till nice and brown from top.
- You will see a little of the juices in the baking dish, do not throw that away.
- now take a spoon and scoop out the roasted eggplant, discarding the skin and the stem.
- heat oil in a pan. add the ginger garlic paste along with the green chillies
- saute. add the sliced onions.
- saute well. once the onions begin to brown add the sliced tomatoes
- saute till tomatoes become soft. add the green peas.
- add all the spices. cover and cook till peas soften.
- now add the roasted eggplant with all the liquid in the dish.
- mix everything (You will need to mash the eggplant).
- cook uncovered till the oil begins to separate and the masala is nicely cooked.
- garnish with chopped coriander and serve with parantha.
I can smell something cooking in these kitchens
1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii 12)Anu 13)Kamala 14)Roopa 15)Divya Kudua 16)Rekha 17)Divya M 18)Lakshmi 19)Raaga 20)Lakshmi Venkatesh 21)Sripriya 22)Viji 23)Pavani 25)Kamalika 26)Roochi